Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How did we even get here?

I hate this house.  I really, really, really, hate it.  For one thing, we are without water more often than we are with.  Why?  Because every time one leak gets fixed another one springs up.

This is the ninth one as of this morning and we have only been here two months!  I had no water all day yesterday.  They fixed the leak, I gave Caedon a bath and by evening it was leaking again.
 But it's not just leaks.  Here is how the broken door knob was fixed.

But at least now the bugs can't fly in.  Don't even get me started on the inside.  There was one good thing about this place.  Pears!

The best thing is, I will probably still be able to harvest these.  Our landlord doesn't care!!!

We do love the area we are in, so it's a good thing we are only moving a mile or so down the road.

Let me walk you through the outrageous and amazing way God brought us here to this rat trap (as I refer to it because of all the rats we've trapped).  You know that we wanted land.  In our minds it just wasn't the time for it though.  Jon had only had his job for a year and any possibility of transfer was way in the future.  We weren't even praying for it.  Out of the blue, Jon was offered a work from home position that would put us smack dab in the middle of God's country.  We said yes.  It was what we wanted but were afraid to ask for.  So far, that part of the puzzle has been amazing.  Jon and the rest of us LOVE him working from home.  The problem is with small communities....there is nothing to rent!!!  This house is LITERALLY the only thing with three bedrooms available.  We are grateful for the roof over our heads, but I can't tell you how many nights I've cried myself to sleep because I HATE THIS HOUSE!!!  The mice, the bugs, the spiders, the mold, the allergens....hate it all.

But in our minds, we were still a minimum of 6 months away from buying "our dream home" and land.  Until rent was due.  Jon asked our landlord about another house down the road and he let us know it was sold.  He did however have a "really nice one" around the corner he could sell us.  I was very sceptical...because we are in his "best rent house". HA!  But you have seen the pictures.  IT'S AWESOME!!  Again God answered a prayer we weren't even praying.  From the beginning this has been his deal, so we are just going to go with it.  He amazes me daily.  I can't wait to see what he gives us next! 

I wish I had my camera yesterday.  We were at the new house at sunset.  It is a 360 view of lakes, trees, pastures, mountains, all blanketed in the soft pastels and vibrant oranges of sunset.  Can't wait to live there!

No comments:

Post a Comment