Friday, January 7, 2011

Bye, Bye Birdies......

Attention all farm animals! 

It has come to my attentions that SOME of you are not pulling your own weight around here. 

There are some simple economic principles that must be followed for your presence to be required, pray, needed here on the homestead.  First and foremost: if you eat feed, you must return a usable product.

Settle down ladies.

Seeing as only a few of you hens are returning a viable product, yet feed consumption is at a maximum, there will be some changes made.  Namely, I've sold you.
"You can't take my lady loves."

But I am Barry.....I am.  Don't worry though.  You won't be lonely for long, and you serve your purpose well.
"What about us?"


Ummm....

You provide a very valuable, yet intangible service. Yes, very, um, valuable.
Let me see.
Anyway, ladies, you will be leaving at noon for a new homestead.  Let's just keep this all business here.  Remember it's nothing personal.  You have been great additions here, but I just can't justify your positions anymore.  Thank you for your patience with me as this was my first time to manage such a flock......
Hello! I'm trying to say good bye...can you take your head out of the food for one second?  This is JUST what I'm trying to.....never mind.  Meeting adjourned.
Sheesh....chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment