Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Drama

The big birds have been outside for a couple of days.  It's been windy for a couple of days.  Everything has been fine.  But this morning I moved their tractor a little sideways because I wanted to give them access to a nice big cow patty to scratch up and find yummy bugs.  I was sitting with Caedon when I heard a couple of thumps and the wind roared.  I didn't think anything then, but a few minutes later I got up.  I glanced out the window and saw the tractor.  I don't know if you've ever experience this before, but when out brain sees something that it hasn't seen before, it take a little while to process.  I wasn't quite sure what I was seeing and it took a couple of seconds to translate in my brain.  The chicken tractor was upside down and little chickies were running all over!!!!  I yelled at Jon to help and we righted the tractor and rather easily rounded up the big birds.  They were more than willing to get back into the safety of their tractor.  We learned a valuable lesson.  The chicken tractor MUST have it's smaller profile to the wind.  Such drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment