Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Everything but the.......

I'm about to put that kitchen sink in the pig pen. It's heavy enough. It might just deter them!

The last few days have been a constant struggle and worry trying to keep these guys in. I've used every piece of scrap everything to try and keep them in. It's really not working.

However there is something keeping them in the property (other than my constant offering of food): Smith and Wesson. I first witnessed an act of their instinct yesterday. The pigs were wandering and had gotten aweful close to the pasture fence. Smith and Wesson were, to my estimation, lounging by the garage. I saw Lois and Clark breech the fence line. Before I could get "Pig! Pig! Pig!" out of my mouth, Smith and Wesson bolted and began hysterically barking. They crossed the fence line and barked at the pigs until they ran back squealing into our property. The dogs quit barking and resumed their lounging by the garage. I stood there utterly stunned. I could not believe what I just saw. I almost wanted to believe it was a fluke. It was not. I've witnessed the same act two other times in the last two days and Eythan reported another. As much as these dogs frustrate me, they more than made up for it this week. Now as long as they don't bring home anymore half decomposed.....thing, they will remain in my good graces. Lana is still in my good graces. I would gladdly make her a lap pig. She is so sweet. Lois and Clark? They need to learn the word bacon.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment